Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Success!

Aaron and I fell into a bad habit of putting Aaden down to sleep at night with his bottle.  And it was out of pure laziness.  He's able to put himself to sleep without a bottle for naps but we gave him his bottle at night to save time I suppose.  It's been stressing me out because I don't want Aaden to rely on a bottle at night and I really don't want his teeth to rot out.
So last night, I finally decided to change the way we do bed time.  Enough is enough and the sooner we do this the better.  So we gave him his bottle around 8:15 out in the living room and kind of let him drink it at his leisure.  Then around 9:15 I took him and brushed his teeth and then read him a book in his room.  After that I put him in his crib to go to sleep.  He fussed for literally 3 seconds, I turned his sound machine on and turned the light out and he slept all night long.
I was so happy that it went well - hopefully this routine will continue to work for us.  No bottle in the crib, healthy teeth & ears and the other upside, we get to read to him before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment