Monday, July 23, 2012

Big Boy Bed

Tonight was Aaden's first night in his big boy bed.  In his brand new room. 

He was in the room with us all day yesterday while we were working on it and he kept crawling on the bed and pretending to go "nigh nigh".  He seemed excited about it.  But then later we asked him, "do you want to sleep in your new bed?" and he shook his head no.  We decided to wait until today anyway so that Aaron could finish strapping the furniture to the walls this morning.

Earlier this evening, Aaden went into his old room and was looking and pointing around and I told him that it was going to be the baby's room. I told him that he had a brand new big boy room and that all of his toys were in there.  I showed him where all of his toys were and he really seems ok with the new room so far.  We asked him of few times throughout the evening if he wanted to sleep in his big boy bed tonight and he kept giving us his excited face - so he seemed like he was open to the idea.  So bedtime rolls around - I was having some serious anxiety about it all.  I'm not sure why?  I definitely stalled putting him to bed because of how nervous I was.  We put him in around 930 and he stood up and started crying at first but we hugged him and told him we loved him and layed him back down.  We turned his "baby" on (his glow worm) and turned the little projector on and he settled quickly.  He didn't really make a peep after that.

I snuck in around 1030 and turned the projector off and snapped a quick photo.  I can't believe it - he's fast asleep!  Hopefully he sleeps through the night in there and hopefully the rest of the evenings continue to go well!  I'm so proud of my baby boy!  This is so very bittersweet.


 Update - he slept in his bed the first night until 4am when he came walking into our room and said, "Dada!" and seemed to be in a very chipper mood.  The second night - he seemed ok going down but got up quickly after and came out to the living room.  He fell asleep on Aaron's lap and then we put him back in his bed.  He got up at 2am and Aaron tried to go in to lay with him but Aaden was having none of it.  So he came and slept in our bed.  Last night - Aaron slept in there with him all night and they both slept until 7am.  I hope he gets more and more used to it every night but so far it's a bit of a struggle.

1 comment:

  1. Such big changes for him... a new room and a sibling! I don't know how you do it. I'm anxious over just having one baby to take care of and you are getting so close to having two!!

    ReplyDelete