Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saddle Horse Show and Rodeo

A long time San Benito County tradition is the Saddle Horse Show and Rodeo.  It's held every year in the 4th week of June.  It is kicked off by the parade downtown on Main St on Thursday and then the rodeo is at Bolado Park and runs from Friday through Sunday.  We try to make it every year and have even participated in some events throughout the years.  I looked forward to sharing this event with Aaden. 

We went to the parade on Thursday with my mom and Aaron even got to go since it's his normal night off.  Aaden just kind of sat there and took it all in.  He does that a lot when he's in large crowds and experiencing something new - he's not happy, not sad, just queitly sitting watching, observing.  I'd love to know what he's thinking at those times. 

On Saturday June 25th Aaden and I went to the rodeo with my Mom and Kenny.  It was my Mom's birthday and it was a fun way to celebrate with her.  We sat with Katie and Alivia in great box seats thanks to the Brigantino Family.  Aaden was so good, he even took a nap on my lap which is soooo rare!  I couldn't believe it.  After the rodeo we mingled with people and let Aaden and Alivia play in the grass and have fun.  My Mom, Kenny, Aaden and I even went to the Tres Pinos Inn for dinner (yum!) after and Aaden did really good there too.  What a fun day!  We missed Aaron though, of course.

Aaron and Aaden as we were leaving for the parade
 Our Little Family ♥
 At the parade - I know we're super cool with our shades
 Me and Aaden (nice dumpster in the background)

 At the rodeo.  Aaden watching the happenings in the arena
 Katie and Livie
 Aaden and Papa.  Emmy (my Mom) in the corner
 Aaden and Mommy
 Another...
 Katie, Alivia, Aaden & Me
 BFFs
 Aaden, Aunt Renee, and Cousin Colton in the John Deere
 Aaden and Papa after a long day

No comments:

Post a Comment