Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July!

Today we celebrated Aaden's first 4th of July!  Aaron was supposed to work from 430am-120pm but I called him around 830am to have him come home because I got a pretty bad beesting and needed to go to Urgent Care.  When Aaron got into town we went to Urgent Care and after we picked Aaden up from my Mom's and went home to get ready.  We went to Aunt Krissie's for a BBQ and to hang out with the family.  Usually we stay there to watch the fireworks every year but I was so tired from the antihistamines and Aaden was tired too and NOT going down for a nap so we decided to pack up and come home.  Aaden and I both took naps and woke up around 7pm.  We went outside and lit some ground bloomers that we had left over from a previous year.  He didn't seem too impressed but he loved the noise I made when I mimiced them.  He would crack up everytime I went "bzzzZZZZZZZZZZ".  We came in and Aaden had some dinner.  When it was darker we went back out front to see if we could watch the firework show that is done at Maze Middle School every year.  We sat there waiting and waiting while watching some illegal fireworks and talking to the neighbors.  After being out there for about 45 minutes we figured that we either missed them or they weren't shot up high enough or that they weren't doing them this year.  We decided to call it a night and came in to get Aaden ready for bed.  Aaron went out front to turn the sprinklers on and I could hear him yelling at me to open the blinds.  When I did, I could see the fireworks that Maze was doing.  Aaron came in Aaden's room, turned the light off, opened the window and we sat there and watched the fireworks right from Aaden's window.  We had a perfect view.  It was so awesome and almost magical.  A moment that I will remember forever.

The beesting - this was taken on Sunday - a day after the sting
 The sting on Monday (4th of July) - yeah, way worse, time to go in.
(these pictures make it look like the sting is on two different arms but one pic was taken in the mirror and the other was not)
Aaron and Aaden on 4th of July
 
 Me and Aaden
 Big boy standing on his own
 Playing with Daddy
 Cute butt
 Kona all drugged up in preparation for fireworks.  The dogs got to be inside tonight
 Clapping at Daddy playing with the kangaroo puppet
 Waiting for fireworks
 And still waiting...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment