Monday, February 28, 2011

Things I have learned in the last 6 months

Now that my son is 6 months old I would like to share somethings I have learned since becoming a mom...
- You can never have enough bibs or burp rags
- Housework is no longer that important
- Babies require a lot of gear
- There is no other love like a mother's love (and this is true no matter how old you are)
- Sleeper pj's are perfectly acceptable outfits for babies, even in public
- It is possible to work on 3 hours of sleep
- It takes twice as long to get out of the house
-The first 3 months are hard
- You can never take enough pictures...oh and to go along with this, I am not a good photographer at all (but I might be better than my husband ;))
- Babies can bring people closer together :)
- Mommies need a break every once in a while
- You don't care about walking out the door with spit up in your hair or pee on your jeans
- Breastfeeding does get easier.  I wouldn't have believed this myself a few months back...
- Nothing melts your heart more than seeing your baby smile or hearing them laugh.  Well, maybe when they snuggle against you, or when they start reaching out for you, or when they get overly excited to see you, or hearing them coo (ok, maybe there are a lot of things that can melt your heart)
- I think playdates are more for mommies than for babies/kids
- Laundry is never-ending
- Dogs are great to have around for floor clean up
- Your purse gets replaced by a diaper bag
and finally...
- Nothing changes your life more than having a child and nothing could even come close to how amazing it is

No comments:

Post a Comment