Sunday, September 12, 2010

Aaden 1-2 Weeks Old

9/6/10-9/12/10
The time is already going by so fast!  It was weird when Sept 6th rolled around because it was my original due date and here we are with a baby that's 1 week old.  It made me feel relieved that the labor, delivery, and the hospital, and those first few days were over instead of still in front of me.  It was almost like I gained extra time if that makes sense?
Anyway, Aaden smiles a lot in his sleep...it makes me wonder, what are they dreaming about?  I would think boobs at this point! ;)  He makes so many funny expressions and faces.  I just sit in awe of him and look at all the little things I love about him...like the little fine blond hair on his arms and shoulders and his little lips and his long eyelashes and of course the little baby feet.  It's amazing what a baby brings to families - joys, fears, love.  Aaden has definitely brought Aaron and I closer together, I love him more than ever now.  He has been so great, he has been my rock through this anxiety (which is getting better).  He's such an awesome dad, better than I could have ever hoped for!  Although my anxiety is getting better, the feeling of being overwhelmed is kind of consuming me.  I feel like there's so much I want to and have to do that I don't have time for.  And most of it is related to memory things like taking and printing pictures, filling out his baby book,  journaling and videoing.  I want to remember everything because every moment is so special which is why I'm glad I started this blog - it has taken place of the journal (it's easier/faster for me to type than to write)
Breastfeeding is still hard but I have some tools to make it better and easier.  Aaden takes anywhere from 45 minutes to over an hour to eat and he eats every 2-4 hours. 
On Sept 8th, Aaron went back to work (subbing).  It was my first full day alone with Aaden (aahhhh!)  I had to take him to the doctor all by myself which was really nerve-racking...getting out of the house on my own and driving him by myself...but I did it!
Aaden's cord fell off on 9/10 and he got his first real bath on 9/12  (he peed all over me right before the bath)
He met Alivia this week.  He met Uncle Bub and Gam both on 9/11.  And he met all of his 3rd cousin's on my side on 9/12...what a big week!





No comments:

Post a Comment