Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Weekend

   So, I have some MAJOR baby blues going on.  I cry at the drop of a hat.  I think it's due to my frustrations with breastfeeding, being exhausted, and the hormones that are probably going crazy in my body.  I'm having big time anxiety when it starts getting dark.  I don't like the nights for some reason.  I think I get worried about how Aaden is going to be that night, whether or not we're going to sleep and things like that.  Plus, breastfeeding in the middle of the night is kind of lonely.  I did see a lactation consultant in our pediatrician's office on the 4th, she has helped a little but I seriously never knew how hard and frustrating BFing would be!
   My Mom and Kenny had a BBQ over the weekend and had the Griffins over.  It was nice and Aunt Sis is in town so she got to meet Aaden and hang out.  It's so nice having so much family around.  I don't know what I would do if we didn't...I know my anxiety would probably be much worse!  When I'm feeling anxious, all I want to do is cry on my Mom's shoulder and have her hug me.  (It's weird to me that I am that person to someone now, I'm a mom, someone that no one can replace)
   Aaden finally got his first bath - at 5 days old - between lack of sleep, feedings all day and night and just getting used to being a new mom, I kind of forgot about the whole bath thing...whoops!! 
   We can't get over how cute our son is!  So many people are just amazed by him, especially Uncle Brother, and us, of course!
Here are some pics from the weekend...



No comments:

Post a Comment